My most cited work is a paper introducing the Visitors and Residents idea:
- Visitors and Residents: A new typology for online engagement
by David S. White and Alison Le Cornu.
First Monday, Volume 16, Number 9 – 5 September 2011
Other papers /chaptersinclude:
- Lange, Silke. Reynolds, Richard. White, David. (2016) A journey around my classroom: the psychogeography of learning spaces, SPARK, Vol.1 (No.2)
- Lanclos, Donna. White, David. The Resident Web and it’s Impact on the Academy, Hybrid Pedagogy (October 2015)
- Wright, Fiona. White, David. Hurst, Tony. Cann, Alan. Visitors and Residents: mapping student attitudes to academic use of social networks Learning, Media and Technology (8 March 2013), pp. 1-16, doi:10.1080/17439884.2013.777077
- Connaway, Lynn Silipigni, Donna M. Lanclos, David White ,Alison Le Cornu, and Erin M. Hood. 2013. “User-centered Decision Making: A New Model for Developing Academic Library Services and Systems.” IFLA Journal, 31,1. Available online at:http://www.ifla.org/files/assets/hq/publications/ifla-journal/ifla-journal-39-1_2013.pdf.
- White, David and Le Cornu, Alison. (2010) Eventedness and disjuncture in virtual worlds. Educational Research, Vol.52 (No.2). pp. 183-196. ISSN 0013-1881 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00131881.2010.482755.
- Residency, Relationships, and Responsibility: The Social Side of World of Warcraft in Social Computing and Virtual Communities (2009) http://goo.gl/mkiw4C
I’ve also been lead author on a number of Higher Education sector studies:
- White, D. Wild, J. (2014) Incoming expectations of the digital environment formed at school (pdf)
- White, D. Beetham, H. Wild, J. (2013) Students’ expectations and experiences of the digital environment literature review (pdf)
- White,D. Manton, M. (2011) Open Educational Resources: The value of reuse in higher education (pdf)
- White, D. Warren, N. Faughnan, S. Manton, M. (2010) Study of UK Online Learning (pdf)